Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Second Coming!

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first" (1Thessalonians 4:16)
 Now I'm about to touch a subject that is extremely terrifying to some and others it's simply joyful anticipation, the day of judgement.

Now in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 tells us there are three things that will happen before Christ's children ascend to the clouds, with the Father. There will be a "shout", "the voice of an archangel", and "the trumpet of God", it's interesting that He's coming to call His people and He uses three ways of calling them. So once you hear His shout you should drop to your knee and repent. I'm just kidding, that won't work because those three events will occur in rapid succession. The reason that won't work is because it will all happen in the "twinkling on an eye" (1 Corinthians 15:52) Try this, wink your eye and say "Lord, I'm sorry, I repent of my sins, I want you in my life." Which ones faster? You see I know some of you are sitting their reading this and either saying "that's funny" or "this is not funny, it's scary" and that's because you know that you haven't made your peace with God, but you say "I'm not a bad person, I obey God's commandments" Do you obey them because that's what your religion tells you to do or do you obey them because you don't want to displease God? "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit." (Proverb 16:2) That means that if you live a life were you want to be called God's child but you still want to party on the weekends, that's cool but know that one glorious day all the injustice of the world will be corrected. You see Christ Himself said "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life." (John 5:24) that scripture is why you see so many crazy Christians filled with so much hope and joy, because their "waiting for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:13) You know you don't have to live in fear of judgement, God can fill you with so much peace that you can't wait for judgement. Now how does this peace work? I'll be straight forward with you, I don't know! I'm not going to try and fool you I don't know how it works, I just know it works. "The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7) But all those Christians that you think are weird because their losing their houses, cars, jobs, whatever, yet their still happy it's that peace which surpasses all understanding. Now don't take this all in the wrong way I'm not saying Christians are any better then anyone else, and if you've ever heard a Christian say that well then they don't even know this peace I'm talking about. What I'm trying to say is God cares for you and loves you. He wants you to say "O Death, Where is your sting? O Hades, Where is your victory?" (1 Corinthians 15:55) So I have written this for preparation, so that you may prepare your heart before He comes, "For no one knows the times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority." (Acts 1:7) But know this, that no other book would dare to proclaim the future beside the God-breathed words of the Bible, and all of it's prediction are all correct. There is only one more prediction to be fulfilled and it shall come to pass, real soon, that's the Second Coming! So I hope to see you in the clouds!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so really--will you think I'm totally carnal if I say I'm still terrified? Because I am : I

    :) Keep up the good thinking! Don't come back married. Just kidding. Half kidding.

    ReplyDelete